Thursday, April 11, 2013

Written Concentration


When I started my concentration series I had the idea of aging, how the body ages over time. After the first week I started layering my pictures and I really liked the layering look. I layered one picture of my brother’s face over a swimming pool background. I got many compliments on this photo and realized that was my best work. I wanted to explore this idea and moved in the direction of layering sport images. I attended many school events while my friends were participating in the sport they loved. My photos consist of a main character in action and a background of an item used in the sport mainly. I used abstraction, line, texture, movement, and rule of thirds in my images. I created abstraction by layering images together and giving the photo an abstracted view. All of my photos have movement because I took these shot while the character was in action. There is texture in my images from the lines on the baseballs and shoes. I find my final images to be much stronger than where I started.

No comments:

Post a Comment