Friday, March 1, 2013

Week Two





During this past week I have been thinking a lot about what I want to do for my concentration series and what I want it to say to people. I think a good way to portray the young and old body types would be to have the young child in a color setting and the older adult in black and white. I will do this by either overlaying the pictures onto their color background, or I will do a diptych of the two images side by side. With the flower images and the pink hands the mood seems light, happy, and young. With the back and white face and hand the pictures looks older.

4 comments:

  1. I really like your self portraits layered with the swimming pool. The layering adds personality and color to each photo. Along with that the layered pictures with flowers portrays your fun, vibrant personality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your first two layered pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The face images are very strong. You did a great job merging compelling patterns seemlessly with the faces. I would try to create more dynamic compositions with more asymmetry and movement. The hands alone aren't strong enough. You can incorporate them into photostories to create more interest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kayla I love your last picture with the hands in the fluffy background. Your photos could really tell a story about you and where your from or your personality.

    ReplyDelete